What identification do I need to bring with me?
We cannot buy your scrap metal without an accepted form of ID. To save turning you away and wasting your time, please bring one of the following acceptable forms of ID with you:
• A UK Photocard driving licence.
• A passport supported by either a utility bill such as gas, electricity, water, council tax or home telephone.
(Please note. Mobile phone bills are not permitted by license regulations.). Supporting utility bills must NOT be older than three months. However, council tax for the year is permitted. Modern foreign identity cards are not allowed.
Can I bring scrap metal in without a vehicle?
No. All customers must arrive in a motor vehicle. This is a condition of our licence.
Do you collect?
At present we do not offer a collection service.
What metals do you buy?
We buy non-ferrous scrap metal – effectively meaning anything which a magnet does not stick to.
Typical examples of what we do buy are copper, brass, lead, electrical wire ( domestic and commercial), zinc, aluminium as well as a whole range of other metals too numerous to list here. If you have a metal to sell which is unlisted here please phone for further assistance and latest prices.
Do you buy car batteries?
Yes, we do
Do you buy iron or steel?
No. These are ferrous metals (magnetic). However, we can offer assistance in disposing of these metals in a responsible way. Please phone for advice and assistance.
Do you pay cash for scrap metal?
No. It is no longer legal for any licenced Scrap Metal Dealer to pay with cash.
How will I be paid for my scrap metal?
• Instant bank transfer (quick and convenient ) for which you will need your bank sort code and account number.
• Pre-paid Sullivans of Mortlake VISA card. These cards are credited with the value of your scrap metal and can then be used at all ATM machines displaying the VISA sign.
How much will I be paid for scrap metal?
Our prices are subject to market fluctuations and can change daily. Please phone for a competitive quote.
How can I make more money for my scrap metal?
Our prices reflect the purity of the metal that we buy. Simply put, the fewer contaminants there are in your metal, the better the price we can pay you. Examples of how you can help us to be able to pay you more are:
• Removing brass fittings from
• Removing steel and plastic caps from brass radiator valves.
• Removing plastic handles, caps and hoses from brass bathroom fittings.
These are a few examples. Please phone for more advice on your particular metals and we will advise you how to get the very best possible price for your scrap metal.
Which areas do you cover?
We cover south west London and Surrey. We are easily accessible from the boroughs of Richmond, Wandsworth, Fulham and Hammersmith, Ealing, Hounslow, Kingston, Spelthorne, Hillingdon and Brent. Please see the map for directions or phone 020 8878 3393